Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: The Best Live Set I've Ever Heard...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best Live Set I've Ever Heard...

    Believe it or not they were actually considered heavy enough for Ozzfest about 7 years ago....that's where I saw em. I think they would be better if they got rid of that lil sissy that raps in their songs, and just let Chester scream. Or maybe Chester could team up with Jason Newstead and Wes Borland and find themselves a drummer. That would be the only thing good to come from Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park or Metallica since 1988-1991...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #12
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best Live Set I've Ever Heard...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Believe it or not they were actually considered heavy enough for Ozzfest about 7 years ago....that's where I saw em. I think they would be better if they got rid of that lil sissy that raps in their songs, and just let Chester scream. Or maybe Chester could team up with Jason Newstead and Wes Borland and find themselves a drummer. That would be the only thing good to come from Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park or Metallica since 1988-1991... </div></div>
    but thats part of what makes them original.......they used to have a very uniqoe sound until their latest album which is very unspectacular

    LP all day long.......GOAT
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best Live Set I've Ever Heard...

    I always thought they were too mainstream and corporate sounding....and most of me thinkin that can be attributed to that guy rappin...he sounds like he belongs in Crazytown or somethin.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #14
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best Live Set I've Ever Heard...

    Dang.. that would sound wild. I dunno, LP is what it is, I just remember all these people putting up LP songs in away messages when I started college, "In the End" may be the worst song I have ever heard. Their new cd, is better than some of the other stuff. But I just cant get into it enough to listen to a whole album, maybe a song or two. But where they do a lot of the scratching/turn table stuff in their songs, along with major power chords, I wouldnt think like would be something they do well, I could be wrong.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  5. #15
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best Live Set I've Ever Heard...

    Andrew WK put on one of the craziest sets I have ever seen at Warped a few years ago. And Im a say this and it goes against all my being, but Simple Plan did a cover of Bad Religions "American Jesus" which was about as rockin as they could ever get.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  6. #16
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best Live Set I've Ever Heard...

    My logic is all I ever liked about Linkin Park was Chester screaming, all I ever liked about Limp Bizkit was Wes Borlands guitar, and the thing that made Metallica stand out was out standing bass...first from Cliff Burton..and the Jason Newstead...they haven't been nowhere near as good since his depatrure. It'd rock.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #17
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best Live Set I've Ever Heard...

    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best Live Set I've Ever Heard...

    anyone ever seen the misfits live?
    going to see them october 13th...

    completely different kind of music, but id also like to see O.A.R live
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  9. #19
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best Live Set I've Ever Heard...

    man I just have a hard time gettin into new Misfits stuff. I mean DIg Up Her Bones and Helena are great tracks, but I dunno.. Glens voice just makes it for me. I have learned to play most of their old songs. Skulls is my fav Misfits songs


    BlueWahoo Ill post some youtube vids for ya.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  10. #20
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best Live Set I've Ever Heard...

    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7NE9uWjhvPE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7NE9uWjhvPE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

    Domination/Hollow



    this makes me wanna explode when I see it.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •